The engagement session is the first time the couple and photographer have the opportunity to collaborate. This session is a critical facet of my preparation for the wedding. I feel so strongly about the importance of the engagement session that I include it in all of my wedding packages. The wedding day is not the ideal time to learn that the bride and groom are camera shy or that they are uncomfortable with certain poses. I find that once the couple is finished with their engagement session they are much more comfortable having their pictures taken. This relaxed demeanor contributes to getting more natural and spontaneous photos throughout the wedding day.
What would you like to have after your session?
Would you like an engagement album? Would you like to purchase prints? Many of my couples request a signature print for the wedding reception using a picture from their engagement session. Is this something you would like to receive? How about a custom guest sign-in book for your wedding? May I suggest you give some thought to these questions before the engagement session and allow us to work together to capture all the necessary images to meet your needs.
What You Can Expect:
- The on-location session will last about two hours
- I recommend bringing two outfits each, one casual and one formal
- You get to decide where the session is held. If you do not have a preference, I have several locations that will certainly meet your approval.
For a Successful Session:
- Clothing styles should match (i.e. Formal, Casual, etc.)
- You should be prepared with two sets of clothes, one formal and one casual. This allows you to build a larger collections of images to choose from.
- Be conscientious of accessories, such as shoes and jewelry.
- Bring what you need to touch up your makeup and hair.
- Bring a small bag with you to hold those items you usually store in your pockets such as phones, keys, etc. Leaving these in your pockets can ruin the style lines of your clothing and severe as a distraction.
- Be sure to get a good night’s sleep the night before your session.
- Hydrate for several days before your session to have your skin looking its best.